Election Day 2020 has come and gone. I am humbled and honored to learn Ward One citizens have once again chosen to reelect me to City Council. On your behalf, I will do my very best to continue to represent you. Leading up to this election, I spoke to many of you at your doorsteps and listened to your concerns. I will carry your priorities with me as we tackle the issues on City Council the next four years. I look forward to continuing to work with you as a team to advance your issues of importance.
To those who came forward to assist with my campaign effort and those who wrote the terrific letters to the Winchester Star, I say a huge thank you! You helped make this reelection a success. Some of you contributed hours, heart, and soul to the campaign, and I sincerely thank each of you. It was a successful team effort.
To my opponent, Richard Bell, I thank you for participating in the democratic process. Our community and city are the better for it. And I appreciate very much that we ran an honorable race without derogation. Thank you.
Last, but definitely not least, I would like to thank my wife, Sabra, who has stood by my side during all of my years on Council and has participated every step of the way throughout this reelection campaign. She very much is my other half.
Thank you to all of you. Now let’s get to work!
VOTE FOR LES VEACH
To date, I have had the honor of serving our City’s citizens on our Council for 12 years. In 2020, I am seeking reelection in the First Ward to Winchester City Council.
Together, we have accomplished many things, including major areas such as:
- Education: new school, Innovation Center, teacher compensation
- Infrastructure: Downtown Mall, city entrances, water/sewer lines, sidewalks
- City communication: communicating with calendar, Insight class, Citi-newsletters, social media
- Public safety: lights, cameras, great teams of first responders
- Financial: bond rating, responsible city borrowing, building rainy day fund, etc.
- Awards: received many for place for business, retirement, etc.
We are not satisfied! We have unfinished work to do! In
- Education: finish buildings; continue Pre-K; keep teacher salaries competitive; and use our Career and Technical Education program to provide graduates with marketable job skills that enable them to work and live here in the same community they call home
- Infrastructure: continue redevelopment efforts, provide housing options for all, and continue roads and traffic control so we can move through an intersection with one light change
- City communication: increase transparency, expand electronic service, and promote citizen involvement in decisions
- Public safety: remain focused on certification for first-responder departments, continue addressing the opioid crisis, and renew the focus on pedestrian safety so citizens feel comfortable walking anywhere anytime
- Financial: work to keep tax rates low, continue responsible spending, and use the budget process to revisit the effectiveness of prior line-item expenditures
- Environment: return to our full-line recycling so we are putting non-biodegradable items (as with glass currently) in the ground.
Citizens convey they want a representative who has 1) lived in Winchester a while, 2) been involved and engaged in our community, and 3) experience. All of these credentials I feel I provide as I 1) have been a resident of Winchester for 25 years and continue to be, 2) am heavily involved in volunteering and giving back to our community, and 3) have served on our Council since 2009.
In order to keep our way of life while continuing to improve life for all citizens, I am running for reelection to City Council. With my outstanding reelection committee, the campaign is off and running! We have an aggressive plan. To continue listening to the views of my fellow citizens so I may represent your views and fight for our citizens on Council, I am going door to door visiting my fellow citizens!
To continue to be your valued representative in providing steady, strategic leadership for Winchester, I humbly ask for your support and vote.
Visit us back here or through our social media links for information on news and events and/or use the subscription form to receive occasional updates via email.
Thank you so much!
Reelection to Winchester City Council